What Blog This Has Become

Image result for shakyamuni buddha
Sangay Arts and Crafts, accessed 2/9/2018

When I originally started writing "The Dharmachakra", I intended it to be a strictly professional blog.  Like most things that are, in fact, more art than science, the blog has since gotten away from that original purpose, taking on a life of its own.  Just as my stream of consciousness is constantly developing and evolving with time, perspective, and the different attentions and feelings of the elephant of the subconscious mind, so to I guess this blog becomes something more than it originally was conceived of.

I would say after several posts three things:
  • I am not going to work well in a conventional work environment for conventional people.  At least, I won't feel fulfilled and well in such an environment long term.
  • There is far more going on in the back of my head, and indeed, all of our heads, than our conscious minds permit us to control and oversee.
  • I wish I could explore more of this world with my mind and body, alongside professional people I could grow with and, maybe, help in turn grow as well.
I do not know where I am going in this lifetime.  I have an idea of what I would like.  But I am not sure I am going to accomplish it, even though I know I am making very intentional and deliberate choices to get me to those places I'd like to be.  As my grandma once said to me, in her Brooklyn Jewish accent, "man makes plans, and God laughs."

What do you think?  Should I quit while I'm still ahead?

Comments